Experienced Social Media Specialist – Strategic Communications
July 24, 2023
If you’re a dynamic and hardworking Social Media Specialist seeking an exceptional opportunity, and have a passion for strategic communications and digital stakeholder engagement, we invite you to join our innovative agency.
Aprio Group, a leading strategic communications agency, is currently hiring for the role of Social Media Specialist, a position that offers tremendous growth potential and the chance to work with some of Africa’s most prominent businesses.
About the role:
As a Social Media Specialist, you will play a vital role in positioning and tracking thought leadership content for our clients across their owned social media platforms. You will be responsible for managing end-to-end campaigns, engaging directly with clients, creating content schedules and curating content from various departments, including corporate communications, CSI (environmental and community topics), and executive team profiles.
What you’ll gain:
- Join a dynamic and fast-paced Digital department.
- Report directly to the Head of Social Media.
- Manage the reputation of high-profile businesses, working in crisis scenarios, and on large accounts.
- Collaborate with a team of experts in an innovative agency.
- We have global teams and clients across Africa so travel may be required from time to time.
- Position and track thought leadership content for clients on their owned social media platforms.
- Manage end-to-end campaigns and engage directly with clients.
- Handle content formats and across topics including corporate communications, CSI (environmental and community topics),
- Manage and advise on executive team LinkedIn profiles.
- Monitor community engagement and set up processes for handling responses.
- Track progress and performance of campaigns, including experience with paid campaigns.
- Utilise website-related experience, design skills, and SEO knowledge (bonus points if you have experience with Canva or other design tools).
- Use Monday.com to manage project flow.
- Based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Solid experience in social media and content management.
- Strong background in corporate communications (or proof that you understand broader brand impact – i.e. beyond basic social media marketing).
- Ability to engage with clients and manage multiple stakeholders.
- Track record of successful end-to-end campaign management.
- Proficiency in utilising paid campaigns and tracking their impact.
- An understanding of what makes good design and solid written content, when creating a good campaign
Additional requirements (these are not essential, but great if you have them!)
- Experience in website-related tasks, design, and SEO.
- Familiarity with design tools (Canva etc.).
- Familiarity with project management tools like Asana/Monday etc.
- Experience working in a B2B environment or non-FMCG industry, such as healthcare, professional services, or fintech
Remuneration & additional details:
- Competitive monthly salary, dependant on experience.
- Additional benefits included.
- Work Environment: We have a brand new office in Rosebank
- This is a hybrid, office-based position, requiring 4 days in the office per week.
To apply, please submit your updated CV along with a cover letter outlining your qualifications and recent campaign achievements. Only candidates based in South Africa will be considered for this position.
We appreciate your interest in this opportunity and look forward to reviewing your application.
Employment Equity Disclaimer:
Aprio Group is committed to complying with the Employment Equity Act of South Africa. We are dedicated to promoting equal opportunities and addressing past discrimination in the workplace. As an employer, we strive to create an environment that embraces diversity and ensures fair and equitable treatment for all employees.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Act, we have implemented employment equity goals and targets to achieve a representative workforce that reflects the demographics of our society. We actively encourage applicants from all designated groups, as well as individuals with disabilities, to apply for positions at Aprio Group.
Join us in embracing diversity and embark on an exciting career journey with Aprio Group.